Laurea Magistrale (MSc) in
Laurea Magistrale (Second-cycle degree) - 120 ECTS
The MSc provides its students with a solid and in-depth education, in line with the needs of innovation in the field of computer engineering. The course further advances the students’ knowledge portfolio in both the fundamental sciences and the engineering disciplines. This allows graduates to interact with engineering professionals from all backgrounds, as well as to complete their mastering of computer engineering.
The course includes a common set of learning activities, which go in-depth into methodological and engineering disciplines and completes the expertise in computer engineering. Students can then choose among three tracks, namely: Computer Systems and Networks, Cyber-physical systems, and Cybersecurity. The first one advances further on large-scale computing and networking infrastructures, the second one provides students with expertise on embedded systems and the internet of things and, finally, the last one focuses on the design of secure systems and applications.
- Project Engineer of advanced networking/multimedia/e-commerce services
- Cyber Security Specialist
- Cloud Computing Architect/Strategist
- Development manager for Industry 4.0
- Mobile & IoT Solutions Engineer
- Chief Information Officer
- IT consultant
- Researcher in public/private labs
Why to enroll?
- Be a leader in the progress of IT technologies
- Actively participate in the creation of new products and services
- Take managerial positions in companies working within ICT or with ICT
- Study in a challenging international environment, with strong focus on research and innovation and ties to the major international players in the ICT world
- Pisa is a unique ICT district, one of the largest in Italy, hosting many hi-tech enterprises
Facts and figures
- 86,4% of the graduates would enroll again at the same course at the University of Pisa (82.4% is the national average)
- 21,4% of the graduates spent a study period abroad
- The average time to get a job after graduation is 1.5 months