Laurea Magistrale (MSc) in
Artificial Intelligence and Data Engineering
The MSc provides a solid in-depth education that enables the graduates to design and implement, on one side, systems for efficiently managing large amount of data and extracting useful knowledge from this data, and, on the other, intelligent systems by exploiting artificial intelligence techniques. The MSc advances the student knowledge portfolio in both computer infrastructures for intensive data management, and methods for data analytics and artificial intelligence. These competences allow graduates to interact with professionals (even non-engineering ones) in different domains and contexts where data processing is required, as well as to complete their mastering of computer engineering.
The course is structured to admit not only students with already a strong background in computer engineering, but also students coming from different disciplines with at least a proper knowledge of programming languages. Graduates in computer engineering will have the opportunity for going in-depth into engineering and methodological disciplines; the graduates in other disciplines will complete their knowledge of base methodologies of computer engineering, including operating systems, computer networks, databases, algorithms and advanced programming.
- Big Data Engineer
- Data Service/Platform Engineer/Manager
- Data Analytics Engineer/Manager
- Data Technologies Engineer
- Big Data Infrastructure Engineer
- Business Process Engineer/Manager
- Artificial Intelligence Software Engineer/Architect
- Machine Learning Engineer/Architect
- Big Data/AI Consultant
- Researcher in public/private labs
Why to enroll?
- Be a leader in the progress of Big Data/AI technologies
- Foster the culture of data-driven decision making
- Actively driving data engineering industry strategies
- Take managerial positions in companies working within Big Data/AI or with Big Data/AI technologies
- Study in a challenging international environment, with strong focus on research and innovation and ties to the major international players in the ICT world
- Pisa is a unique ICT district, one of the largest in Italy, hosting many hi-tech enterprises
(*) Language used in learning activities
Compulsory activities are in English and elective activities are in English or Italian. The total of ECTS given in English is sufficient to complete the programme and take the degree, hence knowledge of the Italian language is not a prerequisite. However, learning activities covering basic subjects in computer engineering, meant for admitted students not having a strong background in this field of study, are only taught in Italian.